Wednesday, August 10, 2011

||VIDEO|| Oh Land - White Nights




Denmark's Nanna Fabricius, better known to us as Oh Land, released this creatively quirky video to accompany her song White Nights. Overall the reception seems to be positive. However, some critics feel the release is in an awkward twilight zone between being too aurally 'poppy' and too visually non-conventional for any one to like.

Genre is irrelevant; a good song is a good song. The video might be full of visual non-sequiturs stringing together scenes from a drug induced dream sequence, but we find it entertaining and intriguing nonetheless. The ex-ballerina pulls out some slick moves post water-fall leap.

Giving this dimensional trip a purpose, Oh Land shares:

"In my music I often get inspiration from both nature and civilization, two contradicting elements that pull equally in me...In this video I explore these two opposite worlds in my dream and imagination while I start mixing them together to become a world known as 'Oh Land.'"

How well do you think she executed that concept?

No comments:

Post a Comment